cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #11
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
lol! You want a solution to a problem your position has created that doesn't involve the only real solution to your question?

Nice.

How about instead we just agree the best solution to this problem would be to open up marriage to homosexuals?
Because I don't agree. And you're dodging the question.

This is a real-world situation (something I know you don't deal with much). Companies don't have the power on their own to modify state law, so what do they do?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:41 PM   #12
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Because I don't agree. And you're dodging the question.

This is a real-world situation (something I know you don't deal with much). Companies don't have the power on their own to modify state law, so what do they do?
This is a problem of your creating. Don't ask me for the silly answer. The answer is don't create this problem in the first place. THAT is the real world solution. The solution you are looking for isn't a solution at all.

This is like a guy who fought the amendment to give women the right to vote, then asking, "What should we do? Women still have no right to vote, and kids are asking me why mom can't vote but dad can! How should I answer in the real world? Mom and dad can't change the law!"
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:46 PM   #13
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
This is a problem of your creating. Don't ask me for the silly answer. The answer is don't create this problem in the first place.
I didn't create this problem, but I agree that companies should not have offered benefits to so-called "SSDPs" in the first place.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 04-13-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote