cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2008, 06:17 PM   #11
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I was surprised to see the reaction on CB is very negative against Congress for failing to approve the bill. Perhaps Congress has mis-measured public support for this bill (public opinion could have changed rapidly due to the huge levels of fear gripping the market).
They're mostly hypicrites over there, and mostly stupid. I'm not surprised.

Don't liquidate your mutual funds yet.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:17 PM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Cali is relying on CB to judge public reaction. LOL.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:20 PM   #13
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Cali is relying on CB to judge public reaction. LOL.
Truthfully, I find myself looking to CB for guidance on social issues.

I take an inventory of the opinions of about 8-10 specific posters.

Then I do the exact opposite of what they espouse. So far, magic is happening for me, so I must be doing something right.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #14
SeattleUte

Quote:
I am not a parliamentarian, but I think the press is misreporting this right now. The House is voting right now to suspend the rules (I believe they need to suspend the rules to immediately reconsider the bailout bill which just passed, otherwise that bill would not be up for a vote again right now).

The press is saying the House has moved on with ordinary business and the bill is dead. I think they are wrong from what I have seen in the House.

There are a lot of members of Congress who are feeling some huge levels of pressure right now.

I was surprised to see the reaction on CB is very negative against Congress for failing to approve the bill. Perhaps Congress has mis-measured public support for this bill (public opinion could have changed rapidly due to the huge levels of fear gripping the market).
What?! They're putting time back on the clock? Is this the Munich Olympic basketball game? The system is really rigged for Wall Street. Democracy my ass. Wall Street owns this country.

—Paul Auster
Old 09-29-2008, 06:26 PM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
I think so. The media isn't reporting it at all, so perhaps the motion to suspend the rules pertains to something other than the bailout. That isn't the impression I had while listening to the motion being offered. I think the media is just misreporting right now. We'll see.
Let me know how your "everyone is wrong except for me" thing goes.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:27 PM   #16
SeattleUte

Quote:
I think so. The media isn't reporting it at all, so perhaps the motion to suspend the rules pertains to something other than the bailout. That isn't the impression I had while listening to the motion being offered. I think the media is just misreporting right now. We'll see.
In a more honorable time and place these incompetents would be committing seppuku, not trying to hijack "democracy" to save themselves.

—Paul Auster
Old 09-29-2008, 06:27 PM   #17
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Let me know how your "everyone is wrong except for me" thing goes.
Back off, Mike. He got the VP pick right on his 3rd try, after it was announced the top 2 contenders were out. Cali's sharp.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:31 PM   #18
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Why aren't people asking where Obama is in all of this? Seems to me a great opportunity to step in and lead the Dems through, promise those 74 that they can ride his coat tails to victory in November. At least give us more than platitudes.

While most appear to think he won the debate, he totally ran away from this issue Friday night, and hasn't stopped running since. He's a coward. I am not at all impressed with our future president. Is anyone else?

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:32 PM   #19
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Why aren't people asking where Obama is in all of this? Seems to me a great opportunity to step in and lead the Dems through, promise those 74 that they can ride his coat tails to victory in November. At least give us more than platitudes.

While most appear to think he won the debate, he totally ran away from this issue Friday night, and hasn't stopped running since. He's a coward. I am not at all impressed with our future president. Is anyone else?
He who fights and runs away
May live to fight another day.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:33 PM   #20
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post

Both Obama and McCain supported this bill.

The reason it went down is because of people with pitch forks.