cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2007, 07:50 PM   #11
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
Yes, yes ... but in the previous movies he is shown battered, bruised and bloodied. In this movie he's freaking superman at the end.
So?
Old 12-27-2007, 07:51 PM   #12
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
So?
The previous movies made him human, this movie felt like he was a robot rushing to get it over with so that Matt Damon could move on to new projects.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:54 PM   #13
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
I had an issue with the part where he called and told the guy he was standing in his office. There was also the bit where he just left the one girl chilling outside of the cafe or whatever with no kind of meeting place, backup plan, instructions. The part where he goes directly to the address the lady gave him knowing that they'll be right behind him, instead of waiting and taking his time. I don't know, just didn't make a lot of sense to me.

and this jumping through glass business, like anyone really walks away without a scratch after that kind of thing, or gets in a series of serious car accidents and still just hops out and walks away without attracting any attention from bystanders.
Aha... Gotcha.

Well, in that case I could add dozens of other "issues" to the list. Ditto for the first two movies.

I enjoyed it nevertheless.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:55 PM   #14
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

I had completely forgotten that part about the newspaper guy. I also couldn't figure out why he got killed. I didn't like that part either.

The other thing that bugged me was when the one girl said that she had a hard time with him, but then fails to elaborate. You could read all kinds of things into a statement like that. If you're going to throw something like that out there, I think there's a need for follow-up.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:03 PM   #15
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
The problem I have with the movies is excising Carlos out of the storylines.

Lame.
Agreed.

I finally saw it last night as well. I think I liked the first movie best, then this one next and th second would be my least favorite.

For the books, the first one was easily the best, with the second one ok, the third was better than the second if I remember correctly. Just like the movies I guess.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote