cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2008, 02:15 AM   #91
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Yikes! Me, either. I will never be in the mood for that.
You get that UteStar?
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:20 AM   #92
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
When I got married my bishop said it best: "As long as you are both comfortable it is all fair game."
Although I get the feeling that Archaea enjoys "flying solo" in his argument, I will jump in here and say that I think I understand his point. He is not advocating for the complete sexification of our unmarried folk, but rather stumping for an increase in qualified and quality discussion regarding human sexuality, in general.

I tend to agree. We are still fairly puritanical about sex in our culture.

Look at cougjunkie's post above. I remember the Bishop giving my then-fiancee and me that same talk when we were at BYU and about to get married.

Now that I look back, how pathetic that I was 25 years old and still really didnt know for sure what the rules were within our own Church. There was never really a single specific talk about it in YM. Or EQ. Nothing, really. And i think that it is pretty common that the Bishop has to answer these questions to engaged couples.

As an aside, I have met junkie and the guy has an obscene excess of sexuality. If he needed his bishop to spell things out for him, something is wrong, folks. The machine is broken.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:39 AM   #93
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I'm not sure how much of this is actually appropriate for a religious class, but for what it's worth, healthy non-sexual interchange with the opposite sex is already QUITE encouraged. Have you listened to a CES fireside in the last 20 years?
you listen to CES firesides? wow you are devoted
Old 10-28-2008, 02:43 AM   #94
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
you listen to CES firesides? wow you are devoted
Tex gets aroused listening to these horny talks he is describing. He wears a trenchcoat and listens attentively.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:46 AM   #95
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I'm not sure the exceptional proliferation of Mormon children supports your case.
Children are evidence of a healthy sex life? Wow.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:48 AM   #96
cougarobgon

cougarobgon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Although I get the feeling that Archaea enjoys "flying solo" in his argument, I will jump in here and say that I think I understand his point. He is not advocating for the complete sexification of our unmarried folk, but rather stumping for an increase in qualified and quality discussion regarding human sexuality, in general.

I tend to agree. We are still fairly puritanical about sex in our culture.

Look at cougjunkie's post above. I remember the Bishop giving my then-fiancee and me that same talk when we were at BYU and about to get married.

Now that I look back, how pathetic that I was 25 years old and still really didnt know for sure what the rules were within our own Church. There was never really a single specific talk about it in YM. Or EQ. Nothing, really. And i think that it is pretty common that the Bishop has to answer these questions to engaged couples.

As an aside, I have met junkie and the guy has an obscene excess of sexuality. If he needed his bishop to spell things out for him, something is wrong, folks. The machine is broken.
I was catholic before I joined the Church and I don't seem to recall any lessons addressing human sexuality given by the priests or nuns. I don't believe evangelicals, JWs, or baptists address these issues with their congregations. I may be wrong, but, I don't think the Church leadership ever intended to provide this type of counsel to its members. I assume they want the parents to address these issues with their kids...I would welcome if the Church were to offer optional seminars/classes by its LDS Social Service counselors as many parents would greatly benefit from such presentations.
cougarobgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:50 AM   #97
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
correct. sexual health is a synonym for reproductive health.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:54 AM   #98
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
correct. sexual health is a synonym for reproductive health.
They seem to have lots of kids in Colorado City. They must really have a healthy and balanced perspective on sex.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:54 AM   #99
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
It's as solid as any of the other "evidence" offered in this thread, healthy or unhealthy.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:49 AM   #100
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

This thread is Exhibit A on why layman male leadership of the Church should not be conducting lessons on healthy sexuality to the Relief Society.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote