cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 10:51 PM   #1
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I was getting fitter and now I am on the sidelines...

I have been going thru a couple of months where I was losing a bunch of weight and running more and more. I was running about 3 miles a day...about 20 miles a week. Then the arch of my foot began hurting and hurting more and more every day. I have been sidelined now for the past week.

But, I just got my new running shoes (which will provide me the support that my arch needs) and I can get out running again. Metrosexual UteStar is about to get even metrosexier.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:43 AM   #2
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting utestar i am going through a similar dilemma right now. I have lost about 50 pounds since January. My goal was 25 more by June 1st. Back in January i felt a twinge in my deltoid, but i kept working out, lifting, etc. It has become progressively worse, i went to the Dr. and I have a torn muscle. He told me i probably need surgery, but i need to try some excercises first, all of which must be pain free when i do them. Well none of them are pain free. Even when i run it hurts from the my arm moving.

It is extremely frustrating.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:32 AM   #3
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel your pain fellas. I am battling a heel spur and plantar fascitis right now that is making any type of ambulatory motion painful. I was hoping to get about 20lbs. off and it has slowed my progress substantially.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:41 AM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to fitness, boys.

Hotspots, injuries and aches and pains are part of life.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:22 AM   #5
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

50 pounds since January junkie? Did you get a stomach band? Holy crap, that is amazing. I thought I was terrific for losing 20 pounds (I still have 10 to go).

My foot is feeling pretty good right now, but I am giving myself another day or two before I start running again...I don't want to have to start all over again.

Back in high school and college, I rarely had any injuries. Now my poor 30+ year old body feels every creak and crack and I don't appreciate it at all.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:12 AM   #6
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

I weighed in at 252.5 this morning so I'm down 7.5 pounds since I got inspired to start exercising again a couple of weeks ago.

When I have exercised in the past, I always started running too soon and I don't think my frame could support the pounding so I developed shin splints. This time I'm not going to start running until I get down to 235. Hopefully I'll be able to run better at that weight and not get shin splints. Although I'm glad I'm losing weight, I'm also trying not to lose more than 2 pounds a week because I've lost weight faster in the past but I can't sustain it and it comes right back on. I'm going for "slow but steady" this time around.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:14 AM   #7
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
50 pounds since January junkie? Did you get a stomach band? Holy crap, that is amazing. I thought I was terrific for losing 20 pounds (I still have 10 to go).

My foot is feeling pretty good right now, but I am giving myself another day or two before I start running again...I don't want to have to start all over again.

Back in high school and college, I rarely had any injuries. Now my poor 30+ year old body feels every creak and crack and I don't appreciate it at all.
My wife decided to try and lose the weight she gained from having a baby, and being the competitive soul that i am, i couldnt let her one up me so i am trying to lose 2 pounds to every 1 of hers. She is getting sick of my trash talk, i keep telling her it is part of the game, but she keeps responding with "what game?"