cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2006, 04:22 AM   #1
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah
Default I want to share my testimony of the Miken Freak

Last inning tonight in our semi-final American Legion league tournament softball game. We're chasing one but we got the hammer. Our first hitter gets on with a burner past third. A single moves him from first to third. I come up with the game tying run at 3rd. So I put down my 27 oz. Freak 98 and pick up the old Miken Freak 100 that was grandfathered in with the new ASA rules. It's an ounce lighter and packs plenty of pop. All I was hoping to do was lift one deep so 3rd could tag and tie. Instead I drove it dead center to the wall scoring the runner from first to win the game. Tuesday we play for the championship.

Anybody play softball in Utah? I know CB has a team, but I really don't see me playing with them. I am going to have to find a game when I get out there. That's one of the few things I will truly miss about NoVA.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:09 AM   #2
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Nice work Surfah. I was 4 for 4 with 4 singles a couple of weeks ago. And I wasn't poking it to right everytime. I was swinging for the fences.

I've got to get one of those Mikens. I'm sure that was the only thing that kept me from hitting for the cycle.

If things don't work out in Utah, we could use a big bat in Northern California on Thursday nights.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:42 AM   #3
Surfah
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose
Nice work Surfah. I was 4 for 4 with 4 singles a couple of weeks ago. And I wasn't poking it to right everytime. I was swinging for the fences.

I've got to get one of those Mikens. I'm sure that was the only thing that kept me from hitting for the cycle.

If things don't work out in Utah, we could use a big bat in Northern California on Thursday nights.
I picked up my 98 off of Eastbay. It was on sale for $260 and I had a 30% off coupon. Most times coupons are no good on bats and things like that. So I got a good deal on it. The old Miken Freak 100s are impossible to find. You can get em on eBay. I have seen them go for as much as $600 on there though. That bat has so much pop. I really like the Mikens. The problem is that they are like tanks and need a ton of work to be broken in. It's rare that you get a hot one out of the cellophane. But once you start hearing that little rattle, look out. Mine is finally starting to get to that point.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:40 AM   #4
Surfah
Master

Won the tournament championship tonight. Came through in the clutch again by knocking in the game tying run and then scoring the game winning run.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:01 AM   #5
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point

So will we see you in any Miller Light commercials anytime soon? This has beer spot written all over it -- or one of those mocking moments on Jim Rome.

- Bronco, when asked how to describe PH
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:04 PM   #6
Surfah
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Head
So will we see you in any Miller Light commercials anytime soon? This has beer spot written all over it -- or one of those mocking moments on Jim Rome.
Maybe not me but another guy on our team perhaps. He isn't worth a damn until he has a few beers in him. Then he turns into an otherworldly shortstop and hitter. I have been tempted to try the liquid courage myself because of the effects on him. Mind you our team is LDS. So, I don't know how that would go over either.