cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2008, 06:11 PM   #20
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
This is an indefensible definition of what "the media" is or should be.

Your motto in life: b/c it's hard, we shouldn't try. The media will never simply provide information to the public on matters of public concern and let the public (and editorialists, and pundits, yes, absolutely, we need them too) form their opinion, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't demand they live up to the standards of excellence to which the profession aspires. The problem is that entertainment, punditry, and journalism have all meshed into one . . . for and because of consumers like you.
I don't recall ever saying that if something is hard, we shouldn't try. But what you are suggesting is a fool's errand....perfect for a guy like you that also wants to save wolves.

I do agree with you, though, that mass media has completely changed just for me. But that is the kind of influence that I have. You are lucky that you enjoy the blessing of irrelevant anonymity. Enjoy it!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote