cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2006, 09:02 AM   #1
Hazzard

Hazzard
Default The white shirt obsession within the Church seems

to be the kind of tradition that Joseph Smith would have tried to squelch (although I'll wait until after my post-mortal, pre-judgment interview with him before I offer an unqualified opinion). After all, it was Joseph who said (someone please provide the exact quote) he spent much of his time tearing down traditions amongst the saints that did not relate to the eternal doctrines of salvation.

I would like to see President Hinckley wear a blue shirt to Conference sometime, just to show that the color of the shirt has nothing to do with the nature of the spirit. I find the whole debate very silly, especially the comments from the white shirt hard-liners who compare the wearing of a white shirt to other, much more important principles and doctrines. I especially think it is silly to spend even one minute of church meeting time on the topic in light of the doctrines available for exploration.
Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote