cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2007, 12:16 AM   #11
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Well, guess who headed up the Bible Dictionary committee? BRM. Geeze, somebody who was full of himself, don't you think? Anxious to see his words in print.
All the same, it contradicts the pervasive attitude around here that Mormon Doctrine is an unreliable source of ... well, doctrine. McConkie didn't sneak those entries into the Bible Dictionary under cover of night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
You and I have a major disconnect in how God works. I do not believe God intervenes with the frequency you do.

Thus, I don't believe actions allowed by God are necessarily inspired by God, even those including the selection of his leaders. God allows his authorized servants to call others. Sometimes he may intervene to disallow somebody and sometimes, I allow he may actually select somebody, but oft times he just relies upon the good judgment of those who he has allowed to operate for the Church.

The prophet uses his best judgment and is inspired where God absolutely requires it of his prophet. The prophet may be subtlely spiritually educated and guided, but not in the manner you profess.

Thus, it's not impressive for somebody to state, "but he's an apostle." The actions of an apostle may have the authority on behalf of the Church, but it's still different. God would act perfectly and men will not.
You're welcome to believe what you wish, obviously. It simply sounds like projection to me.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote