cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2007, 10:09 PM   #11
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
What redeeming characteristic does Hillary possess for a Republican?

Does she have a fiscal track record that inspires you?

Does she have foreign policy track record that inspires you?

What could she do to help the economy?

What impact would a socialized styled health care have upon those already with insurance?

Although we don't need a president who is beholden to religious voters, what benefit is it to have one manifestly hostile to religion?
I'm not sure if this is directed at me, but I'll take a crack at it.

She probably doesn't have too many characteristics that Republicans would like. Compassion may be one. I'm not sure though, because I have no proof she is compassionate nor that Republicans like compassion.

I don't know much about her fiscal track record since she hasn't had much chance to do anything outside of Bill's presidency. She claims to be in favor of a balanced budget. I think that would help the economy. It seems like a good idea not to spend money you don't have.

The socialized health care system would be a benefit to the hundreds of thousands of uninsured people. There is no reason to fear this ever happening because the insurance and medical lobby is way too strong. I'm not a government expert, but I don't think the President can overhaul the whole medical care system alone. The current system of overpriced, unaffordable healthcare isn't working. I'm not really a fan of socialized medicine, but I don't see how it could be worse than what we've got.

As far as religion goes, I believe she attends a Methodist church. I've never read anything that leads me to believe she is hostile to religion.

I still hope it comes down to Hillary and Mitt. Imagine people trying to choose between a woman and a Mormon. SNL will get really funny, really fast.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote