cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2006, 04:51 PM   #1
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default is it only me thats confused......

i will encroach on a sensitive subject that most lds people here will be able to in some way relate....

it deals with sexual intimacy before marriage and if you do not want to read about that i suggest you cease now. i have a few questions which dont quite make sense to a 25 year old single boy trying to figure out his place in life. mind you these questions and opinions i have come from my personal interactions, my friends interactions at byu, and the interactions of people i currently hang out with now....

to the questions/comments....

do we all know what dry humping is? its, i believe, a mormon only thing where a couple engages in sexual simulation with all of their clothes on. a female can generally orgasm if done correctly and a boy can orgasm as well if he is inexperienced. young lds couples do this quite frequently and it has become a norm with many couples as a safe way to be sexual.

now we all know what petting is id assume. touching with our hands the intimate parts of another person. id classify touching boobs below the clothes and touching a womans vaginal area above the clothes as petting, and touching her below clothes as heavy petting, same thing applies to a woman touching a man.

now the questions and comments....i have talked to many people, as in more than 100, about their comfort level with certain sexual activity. the overwhelming opinion is this, and if you have a different experience please share....

touching boobs, letting someone touch your boobs, touching reproductive organs, all land you a one way ticket to the bishops office for confession and penalty. dry humping, the act of a mans penis rubbing on a womans vagina for ultimate satisfaction, by this i mean orgasm and use the term ultimate losely, is a shady practice but doesnt warrant a visit to the bishops office. the reason in the disconnect between dry humping and touching boobs and why one needs confession and the other does not? peoples experience. if a couple confesses to dry humping a bishop will 9 out of 10 times say just dont do it anymore, you guys are ok. if a couple goes to a bishop saying, i let him feel my boobs, you get a couple of weeks without the sacrament and a weekly interview for a month until you guys are past your sin....

why is this? why is it 'ok' for a couple to dry hump but not 'ok' for a woman to allow a man to touch her boobs? why is it ok to rub your penis on a womans vagina yet not ok to rub a girls vagina, or allow her to touch your penis over your pants?

it makes me believe this, and if im on a road to apostasy please tell me. i think the law of chastity is a law of physical health not one of spiritual. i think its a law to protect families from being fragmented from pre-marital pregnancies. does it affect you spiritually? naturally because of the guilt we feel because we are taught for so long that it is wrong, but i think the guilt we feel is what lessens our spirituality not the deed, and i think a large part of the guilt comes from the incessant teachings we receive that it is wrong....

anyways does this at all make any sense? and no, im not searching for ways i can rationalize behaviors i want to partake of with my new girlfriend. i think if you are avoiding sex, and avoiding oral sex, you are a ok with me....
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote