cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2007, 08:22 PM   #1
Taq Man

Taq Man is on a distinguished road
Default My Banned Question from Cougarboard.

While reading the "testimonials" Eber Howe collected (in 1833?) from the folks Joseph Smith grew up around (including Emma's father) I read many statements that were questionable, full of hatred, and many that were obvious lies. None of these testimonials could be considered as credible considering the bias of collector and giver. However, I did not read a single testimonial that even mentioned Joseph's first vision.

This got me thinking. "Why does the PofGP say that Joseph was persecuted by the people in Palmyra for telling them about his vision when the people who hated him most and went on the record with it never thought to mention it?"

Seems like something that needs clearing up. Some say it is because he didn't think about changing the first vision until later when he needed to solidify his standing as top dog in the church. I have never heard an apologetic response to this question.

Any thoughts?
Taq Man is offline   Reply With Quote