cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2006, 03:57 PM   #11
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Am I the only one who never seems

to have experiences like vator?

I really want to have some empathy for the jaundiced wing of the LDS faith, but alas I know nobody whose mormon raised wife only believes in knocking boots ever 29th of February. Neither have I had a Bishop who wanted to counsel me on the finer points of Celestial Law in tithing settlement. Usually he asks the question, gives me a mini Twix and tells my wife how much he appreciates the job she does as the Primary President.......Why is my existence so sheltered? Perhaps those experiences only come to those who are familiar with the unsanitized version of LDS history and since I am a believer there is no possible way I could be familiar with the truth, so I continue on in my bubble and make believe world.....

As for my answer, take this for what it is worth from a card carrying member of both the Temple gang and the Jenna Jameson Fan Club......

I was raised in Southern California and I did not hang out with the mormon clique. I thought they were gay, just a bunch of DixieCougs IIRC. Hence I did not date many. In fact I did not date much at all. I had terrible morning breath and an unnatural aversion to proper dental hygiene. I never attended BYU and know very little about things down that way either. I did marry a woman I met in the mission field, she was a Sister Missionary, who was raised in a very rural predominately LDS town in SE Idaho. I have found her to be just as normal as all the rest of the people I have met both inside and outside of the LDS Church. I think we can find all types within the Church.

But clearly as I demonstrated in my first paragraph my experiences are lacking the depth of somebody like vator, so I would discount everything I wrote.

I am interested in the discussion as to mormon girls being bad wives yet good mothers. I do believe that LDS women, or women that are generally religious and specifically of the LDS religion because of how specific in life governance the LDS theology is, have different expectations, compared to the worldly chicks or former mormons who are no longer unaware of the truth of LDS history and a consequence of that knowledge become unbelievers, of what their husbands should be. They come with a strong conviction as to what the roles are, I would think that might make them more difficult with which to live....but if one believes in the LDS religion, usually only because they are not as familiar as vator is with LDS history, I think that actually makes them a better wife as they want what is best for their spouse. Certainly some are more skilled than others at communicating, but those who suck at that skill would be equally annoying without the gospel expectations just perhaps not as often.

All things considered have I not read that hooters augmentations are the rage inside the state of Utah? What greater love can a wife hath then to give her hubby some man made triple d squeezeboxes? Methinks those sheltered and naive mormon gals are just raging tigers when given the green light at that altar...........