cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #1
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Riding with spouse

Ok, so, I'm picking up cycling the last couple of years, and as I go out, I see what appears to be husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend out riding together and having a wonderful time.

I'd like to get my wife to ride....but, if the truth be known, 16 years of marriage, three kids later, and my wife is not in the physical shape that she used to be...and she does not want to ride.

I'm thinking that it is pretty much due to the fact that she feels pressure to jump into the tight fitting cycling uni's and she does not want to do the ypical cycling attire. (of which I told her there are loose fitting options etc...but to no avail)...

So, the question is...do most of you ride with your significant other, or go out on your own? I think this would be very, quality time to spend together, time to chat, visit etc....but, she's not interested.

I'm up for suggestions on how to get your wife/girlfriend to ride, get beyond the 'look' of cyclists and to begin using cycling as a good way to exercise.

Thanks in advance.
The Borg is offline   Reply With Quote