cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2008, 05:24 AM   #11
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
"If"? You have to be kidding me. If you form this as an uncertainty, then I am not sure we even have the basis for discussion. Amazing.
Should I have written that I will assume "Palesitnians" can prove prior ownership of land occupied by Israel and loss of it when Islamic countries were at war with Israel? Because I will be happy to.

Regardless, Israel shouldn't be expected to make any UNILATERAL concessions. Palestinians will get their land back as part of a comprehensive BILATERAL treaty that guarantees Israel's security, insofar as that is possible. How can you expect otherwise? Israel shouldn't be expected to do anything unilaterally. Hezbollah and Hamas, the real "Palestinians," continue to wage war by terrorism against civilians and to pledge continuous efforts to totally destroy Israel.

YOU are dodging this latter point. The reductio ad absurdam of your bleeding heart is that Israel should just make unilateral consessions absent a peace treaty, even as Palestinians are bent in its destruction.

Quote:
The West Bank was part of Jordan in 1967 and Jordan was the least aggressive of the hostile neighbors. And Israel attacked first. Surely you know this. Either way, it does not justify imposing apartheid-like conditions.
This statement really blows your cridibility. If you have an argument that Israel attacked the West Bank first, it was a preemptive strike and a defensive maneuver in response to initial aggression by a confederation of Islamic states aimed at utterly destroying Israel. Nobody but you and Jimmy Carty, apparently, believes Israel started the Six Day War.

Quote:
That's about as biased a summary as I can imagine on the situation. And did you seriously compare them to the Nazi aggressors while at the same time defending the aggressors? Wow.
My point is that "Palestinians'" raison d'etre is their status as a front for Hezbollah, Hamas and Al Qeda, vicious Islamofascist theocracies that are implacable enemies of Western democracies.

Quote:
You did not even begin to address my main point: the comparison of the settlements/occupation to apartheid. Nor have you attempted to explain how these human rights abuses have anything to do with security. To borrow a tactic from you, I will take your silence on the matter as an admission of defeat.
Yes I did. As long as Palestine is a war cry and a front for the likes of Hamas, Hezbollah, and Al Qeda, at war with Israel and announcing intentions to utterly destroy Israel, this situation is quite different from apartheid.

Quote:
It started with the forcible expulsion of the non-Jews in 1947. Don't kid yourself.
This is an argument. What is your point here? Do you as well believe Isreal has no right to exist?

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote