cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2008, 04:21 PM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
You are right. There is none needed. And none applied.

The smarter groups throw in a caveat--"we are not the people that commit violence against gays, we are not protesting in front of the court house trying to prevent them from visiting their partners in the hospital (as long as they have an executed legal document specifying so). But we do think that they are immoral, that any love they feel in intimate relationships is false and devilish, and no child raised by such people can hope for a moral upbringing."

This is currently what goes for compassion. It's a very low standard.
Interesting approach. Is there no in between?

The gay advocates state you're either for us or against us, and if you're against us, you're small-minded, uneducated bigots of the lowest animal form.

The orthodox states, you're either for us or against us, and if you're against us, you're small-minded, uneducated bigots of the lowest animal form. And you're Satanic.

I don't see much difference in the arguments, so when both sides are spewing the same venom, it doesn't look like a discussion to me, but just a pissing match. I realize that's the nature of political debates, all pissing and no discussion, no recognition of the validity of any argument on any side of the debate.