cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2008, 04:32 AM   #1
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road
Default John Edwards: WHO GIVES A RATS ASS?

As I have been driving today I have been blissfully unaware of the John Edwards nonsense because, as I often am, I have been tuned into BBC news. They have been covering the two actual news stories in the world today: the opening of the Olympics in China and the arrival of Russian troops and tanks in South Ossetia, a break away Georgian province and the real possibility of war between Russia and Georgia.

So having heard all I could about that, I decided to click over to CNN, Fox News and some other news stations on XM to get the American take on these things and all I find, and I mean all, is wall to wall coverage about some irrelevant former presidential hopeful having banged a skank a few years back. I have zero love for this guy and this just inks that he is a piece of garbage, but seriously WHO CARES? This is all our news outlets can talk about?

What is it our culture that makes us love so intensely watching the rich and powerful twist in the wind and what makes us so fascinated with their sexual escapades? I'm no high handed cultural moralist, but I do find our voyeuristic tendencies disgusting.