cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone changed their minds about global warming?

The argument used to be whether the earth was warming or not. Conservatives said the earth was not warning. Frequents posts could be found on CB, "It's -10 out, global warming my ass, it's the coldest day in 10 years".

I think most intelligent people have moved on. They will admit that the earth is warming. There is a good chance that there will be no ice at the north pole later this summer. No freaking ice at the North Pole. A huge ice shelf in the Antarctic, that was supposed to break off in 30 years with global warming, appears to be about to break at any point not, with huge fissures where the ice attaches to the land-ice.

Now the debate is whether any of this is man-made, and whether the CO2 in the atmosphere has anything to do with it, and whether co2 release by human polluntants has any relations to the co2 level in the amtmosphere.

The critics say "there is no convincing proof that human activity is related to global warming."

I'm afraid, that in not too long, the next argument will be, "well, it's too late anyway to turn back the clock."

Maybe human intervention wouldn't work. Maybe it would. It seems the entire Republican party is willing to gamble that it wouldn't work.

Does that not scare the hell out of any of you?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote