cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road
Default Weekend ride reports?

I left the house on saturday at 5:45 am to meet the gang for a ride. At my house the temp was a nice 48 degrees. 15 miles west of town at the starting point it was down to 36 and dropped to 34 within 20 minutes. It warmed up a little over the next hour while we were still in the flattish land, but dropped again something fierce once we were up in the mountains.

We started with 8 guys (actually 7 guys and a gal). 2 turned around at 15 miles, and 2 more left at 25 miles. The four remaining guys then took off up into the big stuff. We ended up doing about 75 miles with 6,000 feet of climbing. 2 of us waited at the last store for 45 minutes only to find out that the other 2 guys had bailed out 5 miles earlier to save about 10 miles total on the ride. We could have used some more bodies for certain, as the last 13 miles were into a stiff headwind. We were on a tight schedule to get home by a certain time, so we had to hammer. I was wiped out by the time we hit the cars and was a zombie for the rest of the day.

It was good training ride, as I have a very tough century with almost 10,000 feet of climbing in 3 weeks.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote