cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2006, 03:33 AM   #1
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default All right, I'm going to recommend this one more time

and then I'll shut up about it. Do you own a PS2? Then go and buy/rent (trust me it's worth a buy) "Guitar Hero". Comes with the game and a "guitar" shaped controller for about 70 bucks. I just bought it for my son on his birthday, and I can't put it down.

Basically, it a string button and 5 buttons on the fret. The "notes" of the song (which coordinate with one of the 5 buttons) come at you on the screen and you have to hit the correct button on the fret while strumming the string button. The controller also has a whammy bar which functions very realistically.

The songs vary from modern stuff that your 12 year old would like, to Queen, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Boston, Black Sabbath, The Ramones. I'm telling you, this game will hook you like no other. As you move up past the easy level into medium and above you will actually be fooled into feeling like you're actually playing the song. When you miss a note the guitar track stops while the song continues and a wrong note sounds. When you learn to hit a bunch in a row on time it feels about as real as a fake plastic guitar can feel and sound. I just learned to play Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Texas Flood". I was, if I may say so, amazing.

Last edited by SteelBlue; 04-25-2006 at 03:36 AM.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote