cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2007, 09:16 PM   #21
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
So are you saying that you disagree with my skepicism of the cleanliness of his stage 15 win? I know you said that cyclists are fastidious, but I smell something dirty here.

Although the more that I think about it, red blood cells usually last in the body for about 2 weeks, iirc. So obviously he will get a positive test on stage 15, as well as stage 14, his real stinker stage as well. I guess I wouldn't be totally surprised if they find something else in his samples of 15.
No,I don't disagree. I am not sure about the 2 week idea, however. I thoght I recalled that the body sloughs off the excess cells pretty quickly, which is why the nordic norweigan skiers had to transfuse so frequently a few years back in the olympics. Is this not correct? IOW, the boosted effect is very short term, althogh I suppose some fo the cells could be around for a long time.