cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2006, 12:44 AM   #1
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk
Default For the few hip-hop fans on this site

I have to recommend that everyone of you if you do not already own it, go out and buy Talib Kweli/Hi Tek's Reflection Eternal album. It was released about 5 years ago, in what was IMO one of the best eras for hip-hop. I had not listened to the album for a few months and busted it out last night. It was every bit the classic that I remembered. In that period where such greats as Blackalicious - Nia, Mos Def - Black on Both Sides, Common - Like Water for Chocolate, and Black Starr was released this one may stand out as the best of a great era.

Kweli has not been nearly the same since, although he has not been all that bad. His vocals on this are some of the best I have ever heard. When Kweli is on, and this is an album where he is on, he is possibly the best MC out there.

The song Move Somethin' is one of those songs when you listen to it you just feel it. The song For Women has some of the most poignant lyrics I have heard in any song. From start to finish it is just a fantastic album. I cannot emphasize enough to buy this album, or if you have it to listen to it again.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote