cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2008, 04:09 AM   #1
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road
Default McCain the liar

SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:16 AM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Ha. Not sure if he is a liar, as much as he is senile with old age.

Those clips you show certainly put to rest that the old guy is super qualified to lead our national security efforts.

He looks as competent today as he must have looked piloting those airplanes he crashed into power lines.

The Republican party is running a really inspired campaign...the best way to connect with the dissatisfied millions is to throw out an old, senile white guy to represent them. Way to go, GOP.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:20 AM   #3
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Ha. Not sure if he is a liar, as much as he is senile with old age.

Those clips you show certainly put to rest that the old guy is super qualified to lead our national security efforts.

He looks as competent today as he must have looked piloting those airplanes he crashed into power lines.

The Republican party is running a really inspired campaign...the best way to connect with the dissatisfied millions is to throw out an old, senile white guy to represent them. Way to go, GOP.
And still, the GOP could keep the White House because the two Dems and their followers will end up trying to destroy each other.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:24 AM   #4
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
And still, the GOP could keep the White House because the two Dems and their followers will end up trying to destroy each other.
Is anyone even paying attention to Hillary at this point? You barely hear anything about her, except that she is being pathetic at local rallies.

McCain has zero chance in a popular vote. He will lose California, likely get destroyed in New York and Illinois. He may have a nice shot in Texas, and given the elderly in Florida likely relate to McCain, he has a decent chance there.

Obama is already picking out furniture and patterns for his new home on Pennsylvania Avenue.

Hopefully the outgoing Bush staffers will not remove all the "O" keys from the white house computer keyboards.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 05-20-2008, 04:27 AM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Is anyone even paying attention to Hillary at this point? You barely hear anything about her, except that she is being pathetic at local rallies.

McCain has zero chance in a popular vote. He will lose California, likely get destroyed in New York and Illinois. He may have a nice shot in Texas, and given the elderly in Florida likely relate to McCain, he has a decent chance there.

Obama is already picking out furniture and patterns for his new home on Pennsylvania Avenue.

Hopefully the outgoing Bush staffers will not remove all the "O" keys from the white house computer keyboards.
Never underestimate the Clintons' lust for power.

I honestly believe that if something terrible was to happen to Obama - even as horrendous as assassination - the number one suspect would be connected to the Clintons. I wouldn't want to see that happen, but it wouldn't surprise me.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:33 AM   #6
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Never underestimate the Clintons' lust for power.

I honestly believe that if something terrible was to happen to Obama - even as horrendous as assassination - the number one suspect would be connected to the Clintons. I wouldn't want to see that happen, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Well, they certainly have been remotely connected to murder before.

As horrible as it sounds, you can almost see some tragedy befalling Obama. As Archaea has pointed out very dutifully, Obama inspires a lot of emotion, passion, and hero worship. Those things often bring out the worse in fringe loonies, regardless of party affiliation.

Obviously, I do not wish for any tragedy to happen to any candidate of either party, but who knows what sentiments will surface if the country elects it first black president.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:41 AM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Well, they certainly have been remotely connected to murder before.

As horrible as it sounds, you can almost see some tragedy befalling Obama. As Archaea has pointed out very dutifully, Obama inspires a lot of emotion, passion, and hero worship. Those things often bring out the worse in fringe loonies, regardless of party affiliation.

Obviously, I do not wish for any tragedy to happen to any candidate of either party, but who knows what sentiments will surface if the country elects it first black president.
Like you, I don't want anything tragic to befall any of the candidates. In the end, we're all on the same team. My Dad loathed JFK, but nothing pissed him off more than the assassination, because it was an assault on the office of the President.

If something happened to Obama, I wouldn't think it was because he's black, but because of politics.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:39 PM   #8
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Like you, I don't want anything tragic to befall any of the candidates. In the end, we're all on the same team. My Dad loathed JFK, but nothing pissed him off more than the assassination, because it was an assault on the office of the President.

If something happened to Obama, I wouldn't think it was because he's black, but because of politics.

Okay, let me play devil's advocate.

How many people say, "I don't wish any physical harm upon my hated adversaries", and are saying it for political correctness? How many don't have just a tiny bit of, "Gosh, I wish that bastard would just die off and save us the headaches"?

Not picking on you Il Pad, because in truth I often must fight that tendency in myself. Perhaps it's related to my warrior soul of wanting to combat the opposition, or perhaps it's just an evil aspect of my character. Wondering if anybody else every felt that tendency.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:59 PM   #9
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Okay, let me play devil's advocate.

How many people say, "I don't wish any physical harm upon my hated adversaries", and are saying it for political correctness? How many don't have just a tiny bit of, "Gosh, I wish that bastard would just die off and save us the headaches"?

Not picking on you Il Pad, because in truth I often must fight that tendency in myself. Perhaps it's related to my warrior soul of wanting to combat the opposition, or perhaps it's just an evil aspect of my character. Wondering if anybody else every felt that tendency.
I think W is the worst president of my lifetime.

I would not want him to die. Dude is a father, a husband, and a decent man.

Wishing physical harm on other people over ideological or philosophical differences is weird, imo.

Protecting yourself from actual harm is fine.

Even with presidents like W and Carter, our country is still great.

there is a part of you that seriously would want Obama to die? Because he may raise your taxes? Wow.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #10
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I think W is the worst president of my lifetime.

I would not want him to die. Dude is a father, a husband, and a decent man.

Wishing physical harm on other people over ideological or philosophical differences is weird, imo.

Protecting yourself from actual harm is fine.

Even with presidents like W and Carter, our country is still great.

there is a part of you that seriously would want Obama to die? Because he may raise your taxes? Wow.
In another country, at another time, I could understand why people become Islamic warriors. If people wish to take things from me, I would be willing in theoretic principle to combat them. I can fully identify with the Molon labe principle. I don't want much from society, mostly just to be left alone, as my experience with "societal help" is that is mostly harmful, aside from streets and local education. Other parts of my being combat that but I wonder how many people are not just acting for the public. I even question your sincerity, because taking the position you take makes you look good.

This aspect has nothing to do with wanting to fight somebody because he disagrees with me. It has everything to do because he wishes to exercise control over me, take assets from me, and wishes to make my community a lesser place so that he can rise in power. I fear and despise despots.

Greatness is an elusive concept that is both vacuous and meaningless. Are we functioning at full capacity? Is our trajectory beneficial to our children and grandchildren?

Having had crappy leaders is indicative of a society not functioning at full capacity.

Last edited by Archaea; 05-20-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote