cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The new filter at work blocks that other site (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18055)

BarbaraGordon 03-27-2008 05:00 PM

Sorry, Kilgore. You'll have to forgive us for taking over your thread. I'd say it won't happen again, but such is pretty much the norm around here. It's rather a point of pride, even.

YOhio 03-27-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 202673)
Sorry, Kilgore. You'll have to forgive us for taking over your thread. I'd say it won't happen again, but such is pretty much the norm around here. It's rather a point of pride, even.

Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us.

BarbaraGordon 03-27-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 202676)
Vanity and pride are different things.

Pride and vanity? I thought we were talking about Pride and Prejudice. I'm so confused.

BYU71 03-27-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 202673)

The fastest way to make someone feel welcome and part of the group is to take over their thread.

I am surprised Waters hasn't shown up yet bashing the rich.

Kilgore Trout 03-27-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 202678)
The fastest way to make someone feel welcome and part of the group is to take over their thread.

I am surprised Waters hasn't shown up yet bashing the rich.

It beats being ignored.

I guess.

BarbaraGordon 03-27-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout (Post 202680)
It beats being ignored.

I guess.

See? That's the spirit!

Are you a writer like your namesake? I'm trying to figure out what kind of workplace would block CB.

I strongly recommend the pursuit of female-dominated professions. The employers inevitably block sites like cosmo.com and oprah.com, but it never occurs to them to block espn or cnnsi. It's great!

myboynoah 03-27-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 202677)
Pride and vanity? I thought we were talking about Pride and Prejudice. I'm so confused.

Be careful, the big cat is prowling just out of sight. I can hear him.

bluegoose 03-28-2008 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 202681)
I'm trying to figure out what kind of workplace would block CB.

I strongly recommend the pursuit of female-dominated professions. The employers inevitably block sites like cosmo.com and oprah.com, but it never occurs to them to block espn or cnnsi. It's great!

A filter that blocks CB but allows CG. Imagine that.

Archaea 03-28-2008 04:48 AM

Quote:

See? That's the spirit!

Are you a writer like your namesake? I'm trying to figure out what kind of workplace would block CB.

Does the filter block mudwrestling? That's a female dominated event, so it is female oriented.

bigpiney 03-28-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

I'm trying to figure out what kind of workplace would block CB.

I work for the state (California) and they used to block CB, it fell under the sports filter. Then we got a new director and lo and behold sports was unblocked the next week. That was a great day in internet history.

I hate you Websense.